My thirtieth year is upon me (in a couple weeks), and I have big plans. BIG PLANS. Ok, maybe not all-caps big, but slightly more ambitious than last year. But 30 is a big year, right?
If you’re making a list like this, it’s important to have a good balance of easier-to-achieve activities and some moderately challenging goals. I have never come close to finishing a list, but I don’t worry about it so much. I have to invest a little bit more of myself into it this year, and if I don’t finish every item at least I will have done a few really awesome things.
2. Attend a cooking class.
3. Visit the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
4. Stop eating so much crappy food.
5. Learn how to handstitch leather.
6. Go camping.
7. Take a hula hoop fitness class.
8. Take a belly dancing class.
9. Take more photos on overseas trips.
10. Draw every day.
11. Take an encaustic painting class.
12. Try a new restaurant every month.
13. Attend a coffee cupping class.
14. Make a friggin’ pie.
15. Bring reusable bags to the grocery store.
16. Read The Great Gatsby (again) before the movie release.
17. Play the violin more.
18. Visit the Kadampa Meditation Center in Arlington.
19. Start going to the Zen center again.
20. Write to somebody in power (i.e. a congressman) about something important to me.
21. Run a 5k
22. Make something to sell (leather or art).
23. Volunteer for something (an event or a cause).
24. Paint the bathroom…again.
25. Get rid of excess.
26. Learn about more local music.
27. Go to the Grand Prairie Farmer’s Market.
28. Create an installation piece.
29. Take an improv class.
30. Take a boxing class.
31. Meatless Mondays.
32. Be more generous.